All the news and updates at studios1.ca
Winter 2018 Registration is open – Happy Holidays!
As you may know Gabby has been very busy with Rust City Brewery. Now that things are settling down there's some exciting changes for the Social Dance Classes for Autumn 2017:
- Classes have moved to Tuesday Evenings!
- Each style of social dance, Swing/Latin, are only being held for 6 weeks each session — no more overlapping — to allow students to take both without cramming.
- We are going back even closer to our roots. Classes are now 90 minutes long with a 30 minute social dance at the end of each class. This is a full extra hour of dancing, a week! This pace allows the classes to slow down a bit and cover more details as well as the 30 minute practice time to allow students to *actually practice* casually and socially the awesome dance moves they are learning.
- WE HAVE MOVED!! We have relocated the classes from the 2nd Floor down into the Rust City Brewery main space. This gives us the freedom, as adults, to enjoy the licensed establishment atmosphere these social dances were created in.
- The Ballroom, the Tap, Pilates and Children Classes are being postponed indefinitely. We have had tremendous issues trying to schedule them and with the relocation of the classes to the Brewery downstairs this schedule issue persists as well as not being the appropriate venue.
2016/17 marked the 25th anniversary of Gabby's dance ensemble THEVARS. With the Rust City Project as the main focus most of the planned remounts and new works were postponed. Now that things are normalizing, Gabby will be decreasing his course offerings and spend his time on artistic projects. He's very excited!
The AUTUMN 2016 REGISTRATION
Is now open! In celebrating this festive 20th year of classes, we have returned to our original to a 2 series set of 6 week courses per seasons. More classes, more options. Register now!
FREE "Toes, heels, swivels and kicks" LEMONADE & LOLLIPOPS SWING WORKSHOP - March 18, 2016 8PM
This FREE SWING WORKSHOP focuses on the leadable swivel kicks and various footwork patterns that dancers can use in all types of swing.
Open to all students, Beginner through Advanced, the evening starts Friday March 18, 2015 8PM with a quick introduction to the 6 Count Basic and Belt Slide for Beginners moving on to the the swivel kicks. If there is time more fancy footwork will follow.
Following the workshop there will be a free casual Swing Dance Social that participants are welcome to stay and practice their moves at.
Both the Workshop and the Swing Dance Social are free of charge (small donations are accepted and appreciated). Capacity is limited to 40 students.
FREE FREE FREE!!
"Lemonade and Lollipops" were a series of swing workshops and socials held by studios1.ca in Toronto and Guelph since the late 1990s, now making their triumpant return here in Hamilton.