studios1.ca : Policies
All our dance, pilates and yoga classes include various forms of physical activities.
- Please contact your physician before starting any physical activity or program -
Sessions, Courses, Classes and Workshops
- A Session is a period where we offer Courses. Our Sessions are usually seasonal.
- A Course is a series of Classes held consistently within a Session. The duration can span a set number of weeks or be ongoing. Some courses are sequential where the student moves on to the next level at the end of the course. Others are continuous where the students returns week after week.
- A Class is one of many classes held within a Course. Classes can very in length from 45mins - 2 hours.
- A Workshop is a special class or classes that are held outside of a schedule Course. They are often thematic or specialized and typically longer than a regular class. Workshops are infrequent.
studios1.ca reserves the right to refuse or cancel with refund any registration, at any time.
- Adult classes are open to individuals 18 years of age or older (individuals 16 years of age or older may be permitted into some classes, please check the course for details)
- Teen Classes are open to teenagers 12 -15 years of age.
- Children classes are divided into age groups:
- 3–4 years (child must be potty-trained)
- 5–7 years
- 8–10 years
- 11–12 years
- Registration for courses is confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Confirmed registration entitles the student to a reserved placement within the specified course for the duration of the Classes during a Season/Session
- Registration for courses are first come, first served.
- Courses with limited spaces that are fully registered may result in a waiting list or additional classes at the discretion of studios1.ca.
Payments for Courses
- Course Start Date is the date of the first class in a course series.
- In each Session the discounted Early Registration Course Price is available to all registrants before the specified date. After this date the Regular Course fee will be applied to the Course Price for registrations.
- studios1.ca offers a discount equivalent to the Early Registration Course Price for students and seniors 65 years of age or over with valid ID to be applied to the Course Price for registrations before the Course Start Date.
- Taxes are NOT included in the price of the Course.
- All payments for courses are due before or on the Course Start Date.
- studios1.ca does not collect online payment information of our students beyond minimal transaction references for accounting purposes, such as type of transaction.
- Refunds of courses with limited spaces, before the Course Start Date are subject to a 25% administrative fee.
- Courses will not be refunded after the Course Start Date.
- Missed classes by a student will not be refunded.
- The option to make up classes within the same series may or may not be offered at the availability and discretion of studios1.ca
- Please contact the office immediately to discuss your attendance issues.
- A mid session Course cancellation by studios1.ca will result in a refund or credit of the remaining course fee to the discretion of the registered student.
- A Course cancellation by studios1.ca on or before the Course Start Date will result in a refund or credit of the remaining course fee to the discretion of the registered student.
- An Individual Class cancellation by studios1.ca will be rescheduled or refunded/credited to the student for the the amount of the cancelled class.
Student and Participant Expectations
- Taking an intelligent approach to unique situations, studios1.ca maintains a no tolerance policy to disrespectful and disruptive behaviour between students, instructors, parents or legal guardians in our classes as well as the buildings we conduct our classes in. Appropriate action will be taken immediately.
- Please contact the office or instructor immediately if you are witness to an incident.
- All participants are expected to arrive prior to class, ready to begin promptly at the start time.
- Participants should be wearing clothing suited for the level of course physical activity, as well as proper footwear.
- Please switch your handheld and mobile devices to silent during the class.
- Participants waiting or leaving classes must be mindful of other already-in-progress classes.
- Participants must refrain from smoking during classes.
- Participants must refrain from wearing perfume during classes.
Proper Clothing & Footwear
- studios1.ca classes include various forms of physical activity. Proper clothing and Footwear is expected of all students/participants.
- Please check the style or course details for clothing and footwear guidelines.
- Students/Participants wearing Crocs or FlipFlops may not be permitted to join the class until they are removed. Please wear proper, appropriate footwear.
Student and Participant Privacy
- studios1.ca takes our students and participants privacy seriously. When you register for a course your Name, Contact Information (email and phone number), online Payments and online Payment types are collected for administrative purposes such as identification, correspondance and attendence. We do not collect payment information such as credit card or account numbers.
- We do not share this information with third parties. This is why we do not have a Facebook page.
- During course registration students/participants are given the option to set a password to use to sign-in to studios1.ca for future registrations, as well as access to resources and correspondance with teachers. This is required for online registration and payments. Students can delete their account at any time with out cancelling ongoing, paid for registrations.
- Returning students/participants who did not previously store a password can obtain one by selecting "forgot password?" at student sign-in and providing the email address used for previous registrations.
- The "remember me in the future" during sign in option has been removed to offer more security, please use your bulit in browser password management.
- During the payment process students/participants may be given the option to save payment info for future registrations. This information is securely retained by the payment processor, Stripe, and not by studios1.ca
- Deleting one's account with remove all personal contact information such as name, phone number, and email address from our records. Once the account is anonymized it remains in our records to maintain historic class analytics.
- studios1.ca does online payment processing through Stripe.